Slide2Learn

My school is considering buying a couple of iPads for the classroom. I assume 64GB is unnecessary. We were thinking either 16GB or 32BG. What size have other schools purchased? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Katrina - you can probably go without he 64gb - the choice of 16 or 32 comes down to two things: 

A. Do you need to have lots of videos on them - either podcasts or recorded with the iPad - if you get the new iPad3 videos recorded will be much larger

B. What lifespan do you plan for them? If beyond 2 years you may want the extra space - I've found that many new apps and iBooks files while packing fantastic graphics etc are larger files (the retina screen of the new iPad 3 also means app files are somewhat larger.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Jonathan. This information helps a lot. It's good to know about the new iPad. I'm thinking of getting iPad 2 because of the price.
I have 6 16gb ipad2s. If you intend to be making videos or taking lots of pictures, i would reccommend 32gb. 16gb will do the job, but you will have to remove your videos at the end of term by transfering them to a laptop. It is easy to do, but make sure you let staff know in case they are not finshed with them.
We have used 16GB iPads in our 1:1 deployment in 2011 and again in 2012. So far we haven't run into too many problems with space; when we do it is usually the result of the large music collection or apps that aren't related to school.

In the end, it depends on how often you will transfer content off the iPads. Having a webDAV (network storage access) solution will help with that.

RSS

Latest Activity

aaaa updated their profile
Mar 27
Profile IconMelissa McKinlay and Melinda Klingner joined Slide2Learn
Oct 22, 2016
Jodie Both is now a member of Slide2Learn
Jul 6, 2016
Profile IconBarbara Sing, Marita brown, Judith Conroy and 3 more joined Slide2Learn
Jul 5, 2016

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by Deon Scanlon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service