Slide2Learn

Lets get started by introducing yourselves.  Where are you from and what do you do? 

Views: 1010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for joining Kim - your experience will be a great addition

Hi,

Im gord anderson founder of GridMaths.com, which is currently in open beta.  

I got hooked on math waaay back when I watched "Donald in Mathland" as a kid, which opened up a portal into a beautiful parallel dimension.  I've spent a lot of time cajoling HTML5 around with Javascript to make Math learning animations.  My son loves iPad and Minecraft and it was from watching him do long working out on squared paper that I thought there must be a nicer way to do worked problems on a tablet or web browser.  

My musings on math, software and learning : quantblog.wordpress.com

Seems like tablet use is exploding in classrooms, probably be the norm in a couple years, so was very happy to discover S2L.    Would love to hear from people here .. what things do you need in an app to make tablets really help students learn deeply, and free up teacher time for personal interaction ?

gord

Hi Gord - I'd say the main things student need are a design as simple as possible, and the ability to achieve success but be challenged by the task at the same time. Oh and multiple users in an app is good for schools that have shared iPads :)

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark and I work at Cairns TAFE under the AMEP(Australian Migrant English Program).
Have been working under this contract since 2009. Most of our clients are refugees and migrants but we also serve international adult students. Prior to that I have lived and worked in Japan and S E Asia for over 20 years in high schools, colleges and universities.

I am fascinated by the modern technologies being used in education these days and am every excited to be here as a participant in the Slide2 Learn pd. It is very clear to me that this is the future and something the students I deal with need to embrace, learn and utilise if they hope to carve out a new and successful life in their adopted new home...Australia.

it is so true that one is never too old to learn and I hope I can become more proficient in sharing this technological knowledge, skills etc to those I teach by learning from all those present in this wonderful venue.

Hi Mark - great to have you with your interest in this area join the community. Welcome!

Virtualians Social Network

Free Online Help, Guidance and Solutions for Virtual University Students
http://www.virtualians.pk/

Education4World

Free Online Education For Prospective Students and Lifelong Learners

http://www.education4world.net/

RSS

Latest Activity

aaaa updated their profile
Mar 27
Profile IconMelissa McKinlay and Melinda Klingner joined Slide2Learn
Oct 22, 2016
Jodie Both is now a member of Slide2Learn
Jul 6, 2016
Profile IconBarbara Sing, Marita brown, Judith Conroy and 3 more joined Slide2Learn
Jul 5, 2016

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by Deon Scanlon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service