Slide2Learn

Lets get started by introducing yourselves.  Where are you from and what do you do? 

Views: 1012

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would be great to catch up with my fellow Queenslander's.
Hi I'm from Tullawong State School just north of Brisbane in Queensland, and am currently on secondment to Education Queensland to work on supporting teachers in mobile learning - particularly with the One Laptop per Child Australia initiative to provide XO laptops to remote schools, as well as with those teachers plugging into the power of the iPod touch and now, iPad. I've been experimenting with mobile devices like digital voice recorders, Palm handhelds and even step-o-meters on my learning support students since 2004, and couldn't survive without my iPhone and now, iOS4 and folders. With help from some friends, I've created this just out of beta Slide to Learn guide for teachers starting out with the iPod touch and iPad - download your own PDF to load in iBooks from www.slidetolearn.info .
Love your work on the guide for teachers to iPhone/iPod Touch and now iPad. Looking forward to meeting you.

K-L
Hi,
I'm from St Patrick's PS Ballarat. I am the Deputy Principal, Curriculum Coordinator and ICT Coordinator and I teach Prep - 4 days per week. I received an iPod Touch for Christmas and I love it. I have recently been to the Mac Conference at Coburg Senior High School and loved the the possibilities demonstrated using Mac technology. I love my iPod and am looking forward to seeing how I can use them in my classroom.
PS I will get a photo of myself up here, but this is my cat Tin Tin who was lost for 18 months and has now been returned to us - quite amazing!
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jason, teaching at Lyndale Secondary College in Dandenong. I teach Media Studies and have recently started leading e.Learning at our school. I'm keen to see how the iTouch can be used in a secondary school across subject areas. I found my way to this Slide2Learn when I was researching one of those multi iPod docks - googling it took me to Louise Duncan's blog at the start of this year where I heard about the conference. I want to find ways to help staff at school to begin experimenting with this touchy technology and some evidence of success could help pave the way...
Love the words touchy technology. I like to add a touch of technology everywhere.
Hello I am Pina from Melbourne. I teach Italian @ Baden Powell college in Tarneit. Looking forward to slide2learn to learn new ways to engage reluctant learners of LOTE.
Hi Pina,
My name is megan iemma and I would love to help you (live in Altona meadows)...
contact me at meganaiemma@me.com

Megna
Have you met Belinda Flint she teaches German and is using iPods.
Hi All,

I teach Maths and Science at Hawkesdale P12 College, a rural school of about 260 students. I am looking forward to participating in Slide2Learn and learning more about using mobile devices with students. I blog at:

http://brittgow.globalteacher.org.au

http://technomaths.edublogs.org

http://vcebiology.edublogs.org
Wow you've given me my reading for next week. You've been a wonderful room buddy, thanks.
Finally got to look at your blogs and I am amazed! They are excellent! Wish I was in your class it looks great. Do you mind if I show others your blogs?

Cheers from Jenny

RSS

Latest Activity

aaaa updated their profile
Mar 27
Profile IconMelissa McKinlay and Melinda Klingner joined Slide2Learn
Oct 22, 2016
Jodie Both is now a member of Slide2Learn
Jul 6, 2016
Profile IconBarbara Sing, Marita brown, Judith Conroy and 3 more joined Slide2Learn
Jul 5, 2016

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by Deon Scanlon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service