Slide2Learn

Lets get started by introducing yourselves.  Where are you from and what do you do? 

Views: 1010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,
I'm from Epsom Primary school. This year I teach reading recovery and ICT to all classes. I am also the early years literacy co-ordinator and leading teacher at Epsom PS. Other than the 3Rs I like science, history and geography. I hope to be able to share my experiences with many people at slide2learn so teachers go away enthused and ready to take the plunge into mobile learning.
Hi Jenny, I've been working on some ed dev't projects for Gordon TAFE that are mainly focused on developing or adapting courses for online/blended delivery. I am also a volunteer English tutor with Diversitat. I have been showing my Thai student pronunciation videos on my iPhone. I'm looking forward to seeing how other ed sectors are using mobile technologies as quite often primary leads the way.
Hello Everyone:

I am from The Illawarra Grammar School in Wollongong. I have been teaching computing studies for years in NSW and probably my weakest area is in the use of portable devices in schools which means I am looking forward to new ideas, concepts and I will be easily impressed.

For 2010 I have been assigned Portable Devices and how they may be used in a K - 12 school.

I am very interested in what ways non-standardised portable devices may be incorporated into the classroom teacher's bag of tricks.

The sessions that I have chose to attend are those that most probably I know the least about. Weird huh?

Steve
Hi all,
I teach at Holy Rosary Primary school, in the Central Vic. town of Heathcote. I work 3 days a week supporting classroom teachers and students in ICT integration. I also lead the sustainability project at HR, am a keen gardener, dabble in art and design and, in my spare time, am mum to 6. Always looking for opportunities to learn and share new skills and ideas with our school community, I registered in slide2learn after "playing" with my iPod touch and wondering about the best way to use it in teaching to engage, inspire and enthuse learning. I cannot wait to see how others are using them and am aiming to learn heaps. See you all at Shep!!
Hi Folks, John Pearce here. I come from Geelong where I work in education consulting with a particular focus on Web 2.0. I also dabble in science education as well as interactive whiteboards amongst other activities. Prior to that I spent more than 30 years in primary schools. I've also co-authored Technology Toolkit: An introduction to Web 2.0. You can catch me online at My Other Blog or as @mrpbps on Twitter. I love the apps on my iPhone, (especially those related to photography) and am looking forward to adding even more during the weekend.
Hi all
I have an eLearning consultancy firm, Delphian eLearning, and also an app development company, App-titude. I've done quite a bit of research on mobile learning and have used that knowledge in developing high quality educational apps that are distinctly Australian in flavour, in tandem with games developers.(http://www.app-titude.com.au).
I'll be talking about our research and showing our apps and online assessment system that gathers data from the apps on Friday.Come along and have a play:)

As a former teacher and senior manager of eLearning in VIC and TAS, I'm really impressed with what's happening in schools with iPod touches and now iPads, and look forward to meeting you all tomorrow, or perhaps tonight for a drink:) Congrats to Louise, Jenny, Deon et al for what looks like a great event!
Hi there,

I have travelled from Singapore to attend this conference, and I am very much looking forward to it.

I teach at United World College of South East Asia, where I have the pleasure of being a technology facilitator for the primary school.

We have a set of iPod Touches which we have been using this past academic year, and we are expanding this in August.

I love being connected, and you can find me on Twitter @klbeasley or my blog Tip of the Iceberg. I also contribute to the U Tech Tips blog, and the Apps for Edu blog.

I am looking forward to putting names to faces and meeting new ones too!

Jenny
You obviously work with Gabriel who ws in our mobile learnng project! Be great to catch up with you.
I do - he's great! He works on a different campus from me, but he's a great colleague. Would love to catch up - let me know!
Hi Keri-Lee - just thinking you might be our furtherst-travelled attendee! Great to have an international guest.
Hi Everyone!
I am a year 3 teacher from Edens Landing State School in Qld. I am excited to be coming to slide2learn and can't wait to get some new ideas that I can take back to share with my colleagues and to use within my own classroom to enhance the learning opportunities for my students. Our school is in the early stages of implementing the use of iPod touch devices to develop student literacy and numeracy skills. My students and I are the more than willing initial participants in the project and will soon be sharing and supporting some other classes in the school. That is, of course, if we can make the step to be willing to let go of the iPods or can work out a way of quickly buying some more :)
http://edenslandingss.eq.edu.au/home/selsb1/ipodsquad/Welcome.html
Hi Sally - and be great to meet up properly tomorrow!

RSS

Latest Activity

aaaa updated their profile
Mar 27
Profile IconMelissa McKinlay and Melinda Klingner joined Slide2Learn
Oct 22, 2016
Jodie Both is now a member of Slide2Learn
Jul 6, 2016
Profile IconBarbara Sing, Marita brown, Judith Conroy and 3 more joined Slide2Learn
Jul 5, 2016

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by Deon Scanlon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service